It’s almost the most wonderful time of year, and if you’re looking for an unforgettable way to experience the holidays with the family, look no further than the AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. Already known for having one of the most spectacular holiday programs in the country, the resort this year will combine its beloved annual traditions with a host of new attractions as part of its magical new Hill Country Christmas celebration.
Held Nov. 11-Dec. 31 and open to both resort guests and the public, Hill Country Christmas will feature a variety of activities and attractions that will foster festive, family-friendly fun. New for 2023, the resort’s pavilion lawn will be transformed into a snowy playground with ticketed activities for all ages. Tickets are available for purchase starting Oct. 16 at www.jwhillcountrychristmas.com and will range from $12.99 to $39.99 for different activities, with bundle tickets available offering discounts on pricing.
Among the resort’s new immersive holiday experiences and activities this year:
- Snow Flow Mountain, a multi-lane tubing hill made of real snow providing hours of alpine zooming and frozen fun for all ages.
- Snowball Build & Blast, an interactive snowball make-and-toss game where holiday enthusiasts can score points that help boost the power of the snow-making machine.
- Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions, which is hosted by Mrs. Claus herself and includes a delightful retelling of the classic, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” complete with a sing-along of favorite holiday carols and Santa’s favorite cookies and iced-cold milk to share.
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner, which will be stocked with a bounty of sweets and treats where visitors can create a delectable delight to take home. While you’re there, keep an eye out for Nutmeg, JW Marriott’s very own gingerbread man.
- Holiday Pop-Up Shop, which will display all things merry and bright – from apparel, jewelry, and festive home decor to toys, ornaments, and collectibles.
- Secret Santa Scavenger Hunt, where young adventurers can decipher clues in hopes of solving the mystery and earning Santa’s Secret Service Badge.
“We are thrilled to welcome back all our returning guests as well as newcomers to experience the sheer magic of the Christmas season at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa,” said Brian Morris, Director of Sales and Marketing. “The addition of our spectacular interactive snow activities on the pavilion lawn as well as multiple other new attractions will send our holiday cheer barometer through the roof.”
The resort, which will be fully decked out in dazzling décor in honor of the season, will also offer a nightly Shine light show featuring thousands of dancing lights synchronized to holiday music favorites; a Build-a-Bear Workshop fully stocked with outfits, scents and sounds to personalize a cuddly critter keepsake; visits from Santa’s live reindeer; horse-drawn sleigh rides around the resort property; a Polar Plunge; a hot cocoa bar; gooey s’mores with festive toppings; Letters to Santa complete with a dedicated mailbox for Santa (fun fact: He often writes back!); and a not-to-be-missed personal visit with Santa along with a keepsake photo to capture the memories.
With photo opportunities around every corner, grown-ups and youngsters alike will flock to The Arctic Lodge, a pop-up lounge featuring holiday cocktails and tasty treats as well as kid favorites such as hot cocoa, hot apple cider, and Dippin’ Dots. This year’s festivities also bring the new Frost Haus, which offers a full menu spotlighting a culinary selection of elevated Nordic-inspired winter favorites as well as a full bar offering several specialty cocktails and draft beers.
Don’t want the festive fun to end? Book a stay at one of the resort’s spectacular Hill Country Winter Wonderland Suites, which come complete with a decorated Christmas tree, stockings over the fireplace, garland wreaths and a record player with holiday music. Guests can also take advantage of the Holiday Stay & Play Package, which includes accommodations as well as tickets Snow Flow Mountain. Both packages are available to book online at www.jwhillcountrychristmas.com for stays between Nov. 11-Dec. 31. Blackout dates may apply.
In addition to the special holiday activities, guests staying at the resort may participate in the year-round amenities such as the 9-acre River Bluff Water Experience with temperature-controlled pools and hot tubs; 36-holes of TPC San Antonio PGA TOUR golf; Topgolf Swing Suite; the world-class Lantana Spa; award-winning culinary experiences; sports courts to play tennis, basketball, and pickleball; stunning hill country views; and famous Texas starry night skies.
Guests are encouraged to book their Hill Country Christmas experiences early, as tickets are limited for many of the activities. For tickets, more information, or to book an overnight stay, visit www.jwhillcountrychristmas.com.